Whether you are an individual or a pub co, our licensing solicitors can provide you with a full range of licensing services
Very often the commercial viability of your business will be dependent on obtaining quick and pragmatic licensing advice.
We understand that applications, for example, for a new premises licence, for temporary event notices and for transferring premises licences are likely to be urgent. The priority for you as a private operator is to secure the premises licence you require at a minimum cost. We have very good relationships with the Responsible Authorities and our approach to applications is to resolve any issues before the application is submitted. By doing so, we are able to ensure that the application proceeds without any unnecessary delays.
Our licensing services include:
- applications for a new premises licence (formerly known as "liquor licenses" under the previous regime) for the sale of alcohol and/or other regulated entertainment
- advice on the licensing objectives and mandatory or appropriate licensing conditions;
- variation applications amending an existing premises licence
- transfer applications to transfer an existing premises licence
- applications for temporary event notices
- bringing or defending of licensing prosecutions
- general advice on the offences under the Licensing Act 2003 (for example: the duties of a designated premises supervisor, the obligations of a licensee and children and alcohol)
- collaborative approach liaising with Responsible Authorities and Interested Parties so that any concerns are addressed prior to submitting applications; and
- with straightforward applications we are able to offer you a fixed fee for drafting the application and dealing with any issues up to the submission of the application to the local licensing authority.
For expert advice from our experienced team of licensing solicitors, please contact Jason Prosser on 0117 314 5237.