For schools wishing to re-open their commercial facilities now, we recommend that you:
- Carry out a thorough deep clean and ensure that the buildings and facilities are safe, especially if they have been left vacant for a long period of time.
- Review and monitor relevant up-to-date guidance and ensure that appropriate actions are taken.
- Undertake detailed risk assessments and take appropriate measures to mitigate these risks before doing so. Both the Government and the HSE have issued guidance in relation to COVID-19 risk assessments and how to make sensible adjustments (the Government's guidance can be found here).
- Review your insurance policy/seek advice from your insurer, broker or local authority to ensure you are adequately covered.
- Consider the provisions of any commercial hire agreements to determine each party's obligations, particularly with regards to health and safety.
- Ensure that you and/or the hirers retain sufficient information about participants to be able to provide these to the relevant health protection agencies/ NHS Test and Trace, if required.
- Coordinate more widely with those who intend to use your facilities to ensure that appropriate measures are implemented and that all parties are aware of the current measures and feel safe when using the premises.
Do you have further questions in relation to wider school activities during coronavirus? Please contact Yvonne Spencer on 0207 665 0870, or complete our form below