Property Tax Advice from Experienced Tax Lawyers
Property transactions are often tax driven. Our tax lawyers can help mitigate tax by providing first hand property tax advice. This includes advising on Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), reliefs for capital allowances, irrecoverable VAT, deductions for finance costs, and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) aspects of planning.
We can work with you to understand your business and then make recommendations on how to structure acquisitions and disposals tax efficiently.
How can we help?
Our tax lawyers work closely with our Real Estate & Commercial Property team to provide specialist property tax advice. This includes:
- early consultation tax saving advice
- advantageous SDLT reliefs and mitigation
- compliance obligations
- overage payments
- capital allowance relief - including assisting with negotiations and procedural requirements
- advising on the rules and changes for claiming capital allowances on second hand properties to optimise relief
- concerns about VAT recovery
- advising on complex VAT issues
- day to day tax issues arising from acquisition and sale of property portfolios
- structuring acquisitions and disposals tax efficiently
- ownership structures, including joint ventures and special purpose vehicles
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) analysis and planning
- understanding international real estate and commercial property structures.
Specialist Property Tax Advice
Our tax team monitor changes and proposed changes to the law so that we are ready to advise clients accordingly. For example, we have and continue to advise clients in relation to the:
- 15% Stamp Duty Land Tax rate for certain UK residential property with a value over £2million
- introduction of the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) (formerly known as the Annual Residential Property Tax (ARPT)) to such properties
- extension of Capital Gains Tax charges
Advice around your current holding structure, and the best options available going forward need to be considered. Our tax lawyers have a breadth of knowledge in this area, and would be more than happy to help.
For specialist property tax advice from experienced lawyers, please contact Emma Bradley on 0117 314 5445.
They're very smooth, always keep in contact, and there's no sense that time or money are being churned.
- Tax client quote
- Chambers & Partners legal directory