• Contact Us
Immigration Advice for Charities - VWV Solicitors

Charity immigration advice

Immigration advice for charities

Many charities employ staff from overseas, while others may recruit students, pupils and other beneficiaries from outside the UK, often requiring a Sponsor Licence from UK Visas and Immigration. We provide charities with proactive immigration advice and keep them up to date with the latest immigration rules and regulations and help them comply with all the relevant requirements.

Quick Enquiry

How can we help?

We have a specialist immigration team who can advise on all immigration issues as they relate to charities, their employees and beneficiaries.

It is hard to keep up with the fast changing requirements of immigration law and there can be serious consequences for your charity if you get it wrong. A significant breach may lead to reputational harm or your Sponsor Licence being suspended or revoked, which would mean that you lose your right to admit and retain, or employ people from overseas.

Specialist immigration advice

We can help you with general immigration matters in relation to your charity, its beneficiaries and staff, including helping you with an application for a Sponsor Licence, applications for entry clearance (visas) and leave to remain and advising on the key considerations when appointing overseas staff.

If applications are refused, then we can advise on appeals and challenges and have a good track record of overturning decisions. We can also help you prepare for a compliance visit from the UK Visas and Immigration.

When things go wrong we can support you in the most serious situations such as if your sponsor licence is threatened with suspension or revocation.

Immigration law training & updates

We keep our clients updated on the latest developments in immigration law through our email bulletin, Charities Law Brief (subscribe), and by running practical training seminars which can be tailored to your circumstances and delivered on site to help you comply with your reporting and compliance duties.

For charity immigration advice from experienced immigration lawyers, please contact Tom Brett Young on 0121 227 3759.

Get in touch

Are you looking for legal services? Please complete the form below to find out how our specialist lawyers can support you.
First name(*)
Please enter your first name.

Last name(*)
Please enter your last name

Email address(*)
Please enter a valid email address

Please enter your telephone number.

I prefer to be contacted by:(*)

Invalid Input

How can we help you?(*)
Please limit text to alphanumeric and the following special characters: .,?

Preferred office location:
Should you need to visit an office


See our privacy page to find out how we use and protect your data.

Invalid Input

Meet the team

Our charity lawyers have a broad variety of legal expertise and offer a full legal service to the charity sector.

View All
Paul Voller - Partner & Charity Lawyer in London - VWV Solicitors

Charity Law

Kathy Halliday - Employment Lawyer in Birmingham - VWV Law Firm

Employment Law

Charity Law

Restructuring & TUPE