Business immigration solicitors
The UK's ever-changing and far reaching immigration laws affect all businesses, not just those who actively recruit employees from overseas.
At VWV, our experienced team of specialist business immigration solicitors are experts at assisting businesses comply with the laws on preventing illegal working and with the complexities of trying to employ or retain employees who need permission to live and work in the UK.
How can our business immigration solicitors help?
Whether it's the adoption of robust procedures and policies for preventing illegal working or employing someone who needs permission to live and work in the UK, you need business immigration solicitors who will focus on your objectives and recommend steps to guide you through the complexities of the UK's immigration laws. Our Business Immigration solicitors pride themselves on their record of working with employers of all shapes, sizes and types and ensuring that our advice is tailored to clients' specific needs.
Our specialist advice for you includes:
- applications for Sponsor Licences under the UK's immigration categories for Skilled Workers, Intra-Company Transfers and Temporary Workers
- advising on eligibility for sponsorship and assistance with requesting and assigning Certificates of Sponsorship for Worker and Temporary Worker sponsors
- assistance with Skilled Worker, Intra-Company Transfer and Temporary Worker permission to enter and stay applications by sponsored employees and their family members
- support and assistance for sponsors in meeting their ongoing sponsor duties
- advice on the complex rules which govern what happens to a Sponsor Licence in the event of a takeover, merger or other change of ownership
- assistance with permission to enter and stay applications in immigration categories not requiring sponsorship, such as UK Ancestry, the Youth Mobility Scheme and the Hong Kong British National (Overseas) routes
- experience in assisting directors and other senior employees and their families who require assistance with all stages of the permission to enter and stay application process, including assistance with premium and super premium processing (where available)
- we work with our colleagues in other teams throughout the firm, including Corporate, Commercial, International, Employment and Real Estate, to support you in all aspects of your business activities, including helping overseas organisations setting up UK branches and subsidiaries in the UK for the first time
- support and assistance for applicants and their families in the Tier 1 (Investor), Innovator and Global Talent categories
- business visitor advice and policy formulation
- advice and support with settlement and citizenship applications
- advice and training on conducting right to work checks in line with the UK's laws on preventing illegal working
- support for employers subject to sanctions for employing illegal workers, including responding to Home Office requests for information, objecting to and appealing against civil penalties and other sanctions
You may also find our page of frequently asked questions useful.
As well as advising on specific issues and applications, we offer a range of standardised and bespoke services which we can provide on a retainer or fixed fee basis, including:
- retainers to help Worker and Temporary Worker sponsors meet their ongoing sponsor licence compliance duties
- audits of the systems, processes and records sponsors have in place to ensure they are meeting their compliance duties
- fixed fee assistance with sponsorship and associated permission to enter and stay applications under the Skilled Worker, Intra-Company Transfer and Temporary Worker categories
- access to a helpline giving you direct access to our specialist business immigration solicitors who can assist you with any immigration and sponsorship queries you might have (capped at a level appropriate to your business needs)
- training on immigration requirements specifically tailored to your business needs, such as compliance with sponsor duties or preventing illegal working
- template policies on preventing illegal working which organisations can adopt to help them comply
For more information, please contact Tom Brett Young on 0121 227 3759.