Business Immigration Advice from Experienced Immigration Lawyers
The UK's ever-changing and far reaching immigration laws affect all businesses, not just those who actively recruit employees from overseas.
At VWV, our experienced team of specialist immigration lawyers are experts at assisting businesses comply with the laws on preventing illegal working and with the complexities of trying to employ or retain employees who need permission to live and work in the UK.
How Can Our Business Immigration Solicitors Help?
Whether it's the adoption of robust procedures and policies for preventing illegal working or employing someone who needs permission to live and work in the UK, you need business immigration solicitors who will focus on your objectives and recommend steps to guide you through the complexities of the UK's immigration laws. Our Business Immigration team prides itself on its record of working with employers of all shapes, sizes and types and ensuring that our advice is tailored to clients' specific needs.
Our specialist advice for you includes:
- applications for Sponsor Licences under Tier 2 and Tier 5 of the Points Based System
- advising on eligibility for sponsorship and assistance with requesting and assigning restricted and unrestricted Certificates of Sponsorship for Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsors
- assistance with Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa and further leave to remain applications by sponsored employees and their family members
- support and assistance for sponsors in meeting their ongoing sponsor duties
- advice on the complex rules which govern what happens to a Sponsor Licence in the event of a takeover, merger or other change of ownership
- assistance with visa and further leave to remain applications in immigration categories not requiring sponsorship, such as UK Ancestry, Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) and applications for Turkish nationals under the Ankara Agreement
- experience in assisting directors and other senior employees and their families who require assistance with all stages of the visa and further leave to remain application process, including assistance with premium and super premium processing (where available)
- we work with our colleagues in other teams throughout the firm, including Corporate, Commercial, International, Employment and Real Estate, to provide support for clients in all aspects of their business activities, including offering support to overseas organisations setting up UK branches and subsidiaries in the UK for the first time
- support and assistance for applicants and their families in the Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) categories
- business visitor advice and policy formulation
- assistance and support with applications for residence permits by citizens of European Economic Area (EEA) countries and their families
- advice and support with indefinite leave to remain, permanent residence and citizenship applications
- advice and training on conducting right to work checks in line with the UK's laws on preventing illegal working
- support for employers subject to sanctions for employing illegal workers, including responding to Home Office requests for information, objecting to and appealing against civil penalties and other sanctions
You may also find our page of frequently asked questions useful.
As well as advising on specific issues and applications, we offer a range of standardised and bespoke services which we can provide on a retainer or fixed fee basis, including:
- retainers to help sponsors with Tier 2 and Tier 5 licences meet their ongoing reporting and record keeping compliance duties
- audits of the systems, processes and records sponsors have in place to ensure they are meeting their compliance duties
- fixed fee assistance with sponsorship and associated visa or leave to remain applications under Tier 2 and Tier 5
- access to a helpline giving you direct access to our specialist business immigration lawyers who can assist you with any immigration and sponsorship queries you might have (capped at a level appropriate to your business needs)
- training on immigration requirements specifically tailored to your business needs, such as compliance with sponsor duties or preventing illegal working
- template policies on preventing illegal working which organisations can adopt to help them comply
For more information, please contact Tom Brett Young on 0121 227 3759.