Legal Support Removing Abusive Websites and Abusive Online Material
Disgruntled customers, employees and students are increasingly using the internet to publish negative and intellectual property infringing material online. Often, this published online content is offensive, disruptive and damaging to one's reputation, so taking action quickly is essential.
Our experienced intellectual property lawyers can provide you with specialist protection against negative and infringing online material and will act quickly to limit potential damage to your reputation.
Removing Abusive Material from the Internet
We have a first class record of removing abusive material from the internet on behalf of our clients. We have acted in a range of matters that have had the potential to become extremely damaging and have in the majority of cases, been able to remove the damaging material swiftly and cost-effectively.
Recent examples of our work removing abusive websites and abusive online material includes:
- Advising an independent school in London on defamatory material posted on the internet by an ex-employee. The material was quickly removed from the internet.
- Advising a restaurant owner on defamatory web forum postings. Again, the material was quickly removed from the internet.
- Advising a number of leading independent schools on defamatory material posted in internet chat rooms by pupils, and having the material removed from the internet.
- Acting for an independent school in swiftly removing an abusive website from the internet and obtaining a transfer of the domain name to our client.
- Removing abusive profiles from Facebook.
- Removing abusive films from YouTube.
For legal advice on the options available to you to protect your business from an abusive website or infringing online material, please contact Doug Locke on 0117 314 5602.