Our Partnership Agreement and LLP Expertise
Examples of our recent partnership agreement and LLP work includes:
Partnership Agreement and LLP Members' Agreements
- Acting for a firm of head hunters in drawing up a LLP members' agreement using corporate tax partners for tax efficient profit extraction.
Partner Expulsions and Retirements
- Advising two chartered accountants in connection with payments due to them following their retirement from a firm where disputes arose over the valuation of goodwill and other assets.
- Advising a firm of accountants on the departure of a partner who had been underperforming for many years where there was no provision for compulsory retirement in the partnership agreement.
- Advising a US law firm on its ability to practice US and UK law in the UK and methods of efficient profit extraction and repatriation to the US practice.
- Advising a veterinary practice on recent changes concerning proposed new rules from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons relating to referral practices.
- Acting for the partners of Robson Taylor in connection with their merger with Baker Tilly.
- Acting for the partners of Richardson Groves in connection with their merger with Baker Tilly.
- Acting for a Gloucestershire based firm of solicitors in connection with its merger with another local practice.
Advice to New Partners
- Providing independent advice to numerous prospective partners on the terms of their admission to partnership/as members of LLPs in the legal and accountancy professions including reviewing partnership/members agreements, deeds of adherence and undertaking legal due diligence.
Partnership and LLP Disputes
- Acting for the claimants in connection with a heavily contested solicitor LLP practice which included injunction proceedings and a claim for unfair prejudice under section 994 Companies Act 2006.
- Acting for one party to arbitration proceedings in connection with an accounts dispute following the demerger of a commercial law firm.
- Acting for a GP partner in connection with an alleged wrongful expulsion.
- Acting for a horticulture business in relation to various longstanding disputes including in relation to unsigned partnership accounts.
More on partnership disputes and partnership dispute resolution.
- Advising three universities on the establishment of a limited liability partnership fund as an investment vehicle for university spin-out companies.
To discuss how our partnership and LLP solicitors can help you, please contact Jos Moule on 0117 314 5650.