Legal Advice on the Collective Purchase of a Freehold
What is collective enfranchisement?
In certain circumstances you and your neighbours can force the freeholder of your block to sell the freehold to you.
The Benefits of Collective Enfranchisement
In buying your freehold through collective enfranchisement, you can:
- increase the value of your flat
- take control of the management of your block
- reduce the service charges which you pay
How can we help?
Our residential conveyancing team have experience advising on collective enfranchisement and can guide you through the entire legal process.
- explain the process to you and your neighbours
- check the title and your eligibility to buy the freehold
- prepare the participation agreement
- prepare and serve the initial Notice exercising your right to purchase the freehold
- help you to understand the Landlord's Counter-Notice
- help you to set up a company to own the freehold
- finalise the change of ownership at the Land Registry
We provide a national service to private clients via our offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham. For clients based in North Bristol, we also have a dedicated office at 106 Henleaze Road.
For legal advice and support with a collective enfranchisement, please contact Christina Le Riche on 020 7665 0929.
Without your persistence and sound advice, we really do believe this sale would not have succeeded in getting through. It's been a pleasure and I will be recommending you to anyone who asks or even mentions the fact that they might be moving.
- Conveyancing client quote