Legal Advice from Experienced Technology Lawyers
We work day to day with businesses whose value lies in their technology platforms and the people who have built them. Our experienced technology solicitors will work hard to understand what matters to you, whatever sector you operate in.
Technology Lawyers Who Understand Your Sector
We are lawyers to a varied range of technology clients, from global technology giants with turnover calculated in billions to pre-revenue tech startups, although the majority of our technology clients are entrepreneur-led SMEs.
Our specialist team of technology lawyers understand the key issues faced by those involved in the technology industry, whether they are technology businesses, businesses reliant on technology or they provide services to other businesses or organisations in the industry.
We always work hard to get to know your business, to help you grow and meet your objectives.
Technology Sector Legal Solutions
Every organisation places some reliance on technology and we advise widely on the procurement and management of technology solutions. So whether yours is a technology business, or an organisation which uses technology, our expert team of technology lawyers are here to help you.
Legal Advice for Technology Businesses
For technology businesses, our technology lawyers will help you:
- protect your intellectual property rights in your innovations
- manage your relationships with your key partners and employees effectively, recruit and manage staff (including overseas nationals) on enforceable terms
- respond to public sector invitations to tender for technology outsourcing projects
- incentivise key staff to stay in the business, by the use of EMI or other share option schemes
- raise private equity or venture capital funding to help you grow the business
- grow by acquisition, or exit your business
- minimise (lawfully) your tax liability and understand tax relief opportunities
- acquire, lease or dispose of property
- deal with any commercial disputes
The advice, the manner in which the advice was given, and the understanding and expertise shown by our team was high quality. I should also remark upon the responsiveness, which was always as we required.
Legal Advice for Technology Reliant Organisations
For organisations which rely on technology to operate, our technology lawyers will help you:
- ensure that the procurement secures the right partner for your project
- minimise the risk of a project failure
- ensure that service levels offered meet their operational requirements
- comply with all the regulations associated with online activities
- secure sound licensing and intellectual property protection
The Benefits of a Full Service, Commercial Law Firm
We provide a national service to technology sector clients via our offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham.
Our technology lawyers have the benefit of support from the firm's specialist sectors and services, offering a comprehensive range of legal services to technology sector businesses. As such, we work with our:
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences teams on client projects involving medical devices and digital health
- Education sector on client projects involving education & training technology and applications
- Energy law team on "clean" technology projects and digital energy applications
- Aerospace & Defence team on projects involving the deployment and utilisation of technology in that industry
- Family Business team on client work for family businesses in the technology sector
- Public Sector team on public procurement of technology
Examples of Recent Technology Sector Work
- Acting for fast-growing data intelligence business Ripjar on a $36.8m (£29.3m) investment by New York-based investor, Long Ridge.
- Acting for Bristol-based biotech company, CytoSeek, on a £3.57m EIS investment led by deep tech investment fund, Science Creates Ventures, supported by Parkwalk, Meltwind, Luminous Ventures, UKI2S and a syndicate of angel investors.
- Acting for agri-tech scale-up, Lettus Grow, on a £2.35 million investment round led by Longwall Venture Partners LLP and supported by the University of Bristol Enterprise Fund II (managed by Parkwalk) and a syndicate of other investors including Bethnal Green Ventures and ClearlySo.
- Acting for genomics research and development and AI start-up, Genomic Labs, on a £192,000 S/EIS investment by members of the Bristol Private Equity Club.
- Acting for Inovo Robotics on an initial £1,500,000 investment by Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund and a subsequent follow on investment of £1,500,000 by the same fund.
- Acting for metrology and automation scale-up, INSPHERE, on a £1.5 million investment from the Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund .
- Acting for Bristol-based tech start-up, Autono.me, on a series of SEIS and EIS investments by members of the Bristol Private Equity Club and other investors.
- Acting for an established, private-equity backed, ecommerce business on a multi-million-pound exit to a trade buyer.
For specialist, pragmatic and cost effective legal advice from experienced technology lawyers, please contact Nathan Guest on 0117 314 5289.
Technology Law Blogs