Legal Advice on Business Transfers and Outsourcing Arrangements for Employers
Business transfers and outsourcing arrangements can trigger complex issues under the Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE).
We advise employers in both the public and private sectors on how to manage the TUPE obligations and issues that may arise. This includes:
- when does TUPE apply - do the proposals amount to a transfer of an entity or the transfer of an organised grouping of employees assigned to a particular activity?
- managing the obligations to inform and consult with employee representatives in good time before a transfer. This can be particularly key when timescales are tight or a transaction is confidential
- the extent to which pension arrangements may transfer
- whether it is possible to reorganise the workforce either before or after a transfer and how to manage the risks that may arise from dismissals
- the extent to which it is possible to change an employee's terms and conditions of employment and the effectiveness of any attempts to make a change.
For legal advice and support with redundancy or business reorganisation legal issues, please contact Gareth Edwards on 0117 314 5220.