Partner & Charity Lawyer in London
How Can Paul Help You?
Paul Voller is a Corporate, Commercial and Charities Partner based in our London office.
Paul works with clients on a wide variety of corporate, commercial, governance and regulatory issues. He has many years of experience acting for charities, institutions, private companies and banks. In recent years, his work has become more focused on institutions and charities with significant corporate and commercial activities.
Paul has advised on the charity and personal corporate affairs of a number of wealthy individuals, including a former Prime Minister, a member of the Kuwaiti royal family and a retired pop artist.
Coronavirus and Brexit pose many financial challenges to universities. Paul can confidently support you through these challenges and guide you through any strategic decisions you make.
Paul has advised on a great variety of matters including:
- charity mergers of all kinds: Paul is the author of the VWV booklet on charity mergers - Charities Guide to a Successful Merger.
- charity law and governance issues including for a number of a leading independent healthcare providers.
- international joint ventures and other projects for learning providers, schools, colleges and universities.
- bank funding arrangements, private equity investments and mergers and acquisitions for independent schools in relation.
- traditional and independent universities and colleges on governance and OfS matters.
- joint venture, consortium and other arrangements for universities.
- large scale supply contracts including for example negotiating on behalf of a consortium of 29 public authorities with major corporate providers for the supply of goods and services.
- advising the Association of Employment Learning and Providers and learning provider businesses on apprenticeship funding rules.
- private company takeovers and business transfers including, for example, advising a leading operator of accreditation and registration schemes on business acquisitions, and advising the UK vehicle of an overseas fund on acquiring UK property development companies.
What Others Say
"Paul Voller is an expert on charity law and his manner and professionalism is the best I have ever dealt with." - Legal 500
"Paul Voller has very wide experience on charity matters. Excellent communication skills. Always goes the extra mile to help and find a solution." - Legal 500 2021
What You Might Like to Know
Clients appreciate his approachable, pragmatic and authoritative style.
Paul is a governor of the Association of Governing Bodies of Independent Schools ('AGBIS'), a trustee of the Outward Bound Trust, member of the Charity Law Association and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.