Not a Case of "Better Safe Than Sorry"
Finding out about an outdated Will which could have made a significant difference to how a family member's estate was managed after their death has been a reality for all of those affected.
If you think one of your family or a loved one may have stored a Will that got lost, and you may have been their Executor or may have expected an inheritance which you did not receive, you should seek legal advice to find out what steps you can take to resolve any mistakes made.
5 Ways our Contentious Probate Team Can Help
- You may need to revoke the Grant of probate if the wrong Will has been produced. Our specialist team can help you with this.
- The wrong people may have inherited from your loved one. We have links with effective tracing companies who can locate the right people who should inherit and make full investigations.
- We can assist in tracing where assets have gone, if they have gone to the wrong place and advise on what to do next about these.
- If we advise that it is not possible to retrace or reclaim assets, we can provide advice on alternative options such as making a professional negligence claim.
- We are experienced in conducting successful mediations in these types of situations. With a skilful and pragmatic approach, the need to issue costly and protracted proceedings can often be avoided.
Have you suffered detriment from a lost Will? For specialist advice, please contact Michelle Rose in our Contentious Probate team, on 0117 314 5246 or complete the below form.