Legal advice from experienced energy lawyers
The energy 'trilemma', in particular the need for green energy, requires innovative technical, commercial and legal answers. Our experienced team of energy lawyers can help your business create and implement successful legal solutions.
Our energy lawyers' expertise
We have been providing legal advice and support to businesses operating in the energy and utilities sector for over 30 years. In that time, our energy lawyers have helped businesses ranging from leading multi-national PLCs to owner managed companies on legal issues across the energy and utilities industry.
Our energy lawyers' principal areas of work in the sector are energy projects and dispute resolution and debt recovery.
Please see our case studies for recent examples of our energy and utilities sector work.
Energy lawyers that understand your sector
Our energy solicitors understand the key issues faced by organisations involved in the energy and utilities sector, the political and regulatory background and the specialist nature of the work involved.
We provide energy law expertise nationally to our clients via offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham.
Examples of recent energy law and utilities work
- property legal advice for a big six energy company in respect of a new nuclear power station development
- multi-million pound disputes for a major utilities company
- a waste to energy project for a developer
- a combined heat and power plant project for a NHS Trust
- an energy partnering contract with a big six energy company for a University client
- electricity supply contracts and licensing advice for a major manufacturer
- venture capital funding for clean tech energy companies
- the sale of a renewable energy company to a larger rival
- acting for the land owners in substantial projects which have their own onsite energy centres
- advising land owners on wind farms and solar farms
- specialised debt recovery for a big six energy company
- advising an administrator on the sale of a waste to energy company's site and assets to an international purchaser
Latest guidance and best practice
Our energy solicitors aim to keep you abreast of the latest guidance and best practice in the sector. Stay up to date by reading our energy law articles.
Read our latest articles
For specialist, practical and cost effective business advice from experienced energy lawyers, please contact energy law lead partners; Jason Prosser on 0117 314 5237 or Ed Husband on 0117 314 5233.