Based on a series of client and peer interviews conducted independently, Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 offer those buying legal services reliable information on the leading law firms. VWV has been ranked for many years in both directories.
As a result of the research, VWV has been recognised as an industry leader in 27 different practice areas.
In particular, 19 of our teams and lawyers have been ranked in Tier 1, the highest distinction, across the Education, Charities, Corporate, Healthcare, Personal Injury, and Private Client sectors.
Clients speaking to Chambers & Partners commented:
"They're excellent, very good, very prompt, they respond very quickly and they keep you up to date on everything."
Other highlights from the 2019 legal directories include:
- The Education team has reaffirmed its standing as one of the UK's leading firms once again, with top-tier rankings in both directories, six practice area rankings across the sector and seven partners recognised as exemplary individuals.
- The Charities team secured its top-tier ranking for the fourth year running in The Legal 500, with Con Alexander enjoying the same success as an industry-leading individual.
- The Healthcare and Partnerships teams have soared even higher in the London region.
- Immigration and Debt Recovery teams are ranked for the first time in the West Midlands.
- In the South East, the Property Litigation and Education teams secured their first rankings, whilst the Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property teams saw a rise in rank.
- VWV also saw incredible growth in the number of staff specifically highlighted as being at the pinnacle of their practice, with 50 lawyers ranked in Chambers & Partners as outstanding practitioners.
- Nine Partners have achieved national recognition as 'Leading Individuals' in The Legal 500, including Simon Bevan, Michelle Bendall, Con Alexander, Barney Northover, Kathy Halliday, Michelle Rose, and Jason Prosser, with new entrants Dee Kundi and Ben Willis joining this elite national list.
- The number of 'Next Generation Lawyers' doubled, celebrating up-and-coming solicitors rising quickly in their field, with Rachel Tonkin, Tom Brett Young, and Nick Martindale joining Fiona Lawrence as stand-out lawyers.
- Employment specialist Kathy Halliday joined Simon Bevan in The Legal 500's Hall of Fame, which highlights individuals who receive constant praise by clients for continued excellence in their field.
VWV is no stranger to success in recent days, winning 'Legal Firm of the Year' in Birmingham and 'Team of the Year' for VWV approach, the firm's free legal referral and support network.
Managing Partner Simon Heald commended the firm's success:
"It is incredible to see the growth of our firm matched by a growth in rankings, new and existing, across all of our offices. We work hard to ensure that our clients receive the very best legal services we can provide, and it is encouraging to see that their dedication and commitment continues to be recognised at a national level.
Without the valued feedback of our clients, we would not be able to achieve such impressive results, so I would like to extend my thanks to our clients for sharing their experiences throughout this process."