Specialist Pipelines Advice from Experienced Lawyers
We have been engaged in pipelines work for multinational companies and public sector organisations in the oil and gas industries for over 30 years and are members of the Pipeline Industries Guild.
Experienced Pipeline Lawyers
Our experience encompasses pipelines laid under the Pipelines Act 1962, the Gas Acts and the Water Industry Act. It includes the acquisition of all land and legal rights required for the construction and operation of pipelines through private and public land. Please see our pipelines case study.
Our work includes specialist legal advice and support in:
- Advising two global energy companies on the construction of three UK pipelines and a pipeline replacement project - a total of over 500 kilometres of new linear easements and subterranean leases.
- Acting for two international oil companies in relation to the day to day management of their UK pipeline networks.
- Achieving the registration of over 1,500 kilometres of cross-country pipeline easements and leases (a project described by the Land Registry as “one of the most complex land registration projects of recent years”).
- Advising a joint venture company on the statutory authorisation and compulsory purchase issues for the construction of a 27km, 42 inch gas line.
- Taking enforcement action (including injunction proceedings) to protect pipelines from third party encroachment.
- Working with the promoters of road and rail infrastructure projects to protect the integrity of pipelines, including diversions related to motorway widening schemes and HS2.
- Negotiating pipeline diversions with developers including ‘lift or pay’ provisions.
- Defending claims from landowners including compensation for loss or damage.
- Obtaining compulsory purchase and rights orders.
A print friendly PDF introducing our Pipelines team and work.
For further information regarding our pipelines expertise or to discuss how our lawyers can help you, please contact David Bird on 0117 314 5382.