Renewable Energy Project Lawyers
We provide specialist advice and pragmatic legal solutions for a wide variety of energy projects, with a focus on renewable energy. Our lawyers experience includes advising renewable energy project companies, investors, sub-contractors and electricity off-takers across a range of technologies, including solar, wind, energy from waste and biomass energy projects.
Our Energy Projects Experience
Our energy projects work often involves combining legal input from our construction, property, commercial and corporate banking lawyers to draft, negotiate and finalise the project documentation and obtain the best deal for our clients.
Recent renewable energy projects experience includes acting for:
- A developer in respect of an energy from waste project, involving the design, construction and operation of a mechanical and biological treatment plant.
- A biomass heating supplier on the design, funding and installation of biomass energy systems and district heating networks and related heat supply agreements, fuel supply agreements and leases.
- Various schools, in relation to the installation of solar panels on their premises supported by the renewable energy feed-in-tariffs scheme.
- A commercial partner in the development of a pipeline of feed-in-tariff supported ground mounted solar PV projects.
- A London NHS Trust regarding a combined heat and power (CHP) project.
- Land owners in the negotiation of exclusivity agreements, options and leases for the erection of wind turbines and the supply of electricity to the grid.
- Land owners in the negotiation of options and leases for the erection of solar farms, including agreements for feed-in tariffs.
Other energy projects experience includes acting for:
- A big six energy company on land acquisitions in relation to a proposed new nuclear power station, including assembling sites for a major park and ride, freight logistics and induction facilities and various associated road widening schemes.
- A University in respect of a partnering arrangement with an energy services company (ESCO) to survey its entire estate, carry out agreed works and provide a performance guarantee in respect of future energy savings.
- The land owners in three major developments in the South West (Airbus Aerospace Park, Bath Spa University campus redevelopment and Crest Nicholson's Western Riverside), all of which have their own onsite energy centres.
Benefits of a Full Service, Commercial Law Firm
Our renewable energy lawyers provide a national service to the sector via offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham.
Our energy project and renewables work is partner led and supported by an experienced team of lawyers who understand the sector, and benefit from legal input from the firm's other specialist sectors and services.
For specialist advice from experienced renewable energy lawyers, please contact Ed Rimmell on 0117 314 5232.