Energy Dispute Resolution and Insolvency Advice from Experienced Lawyers
We provide a full range of dispute resolution services for clients operating in the energy and utilities sector, with a proven track record in successfully bringing and defending often significant claims.
Recent examples of our energy disputes experience includes:
Energy and Utilities Litigation
- Court proceedings against a major organisation regarding extended and deemed contract rates, with full recovery of the judgment sum and costs.
- Acting in Electricity Arbitration Association proceedings leading to a successful commercial recovery.
- Advising a major electricity supplier upon a trading dispute submission to Elexon Limited, in accordance with the Balancing and Settlement Code.
- Acting for contractors in pursuing or defending claims including claims in respect of defective cladding at a nuclear power station and a fire at a waste to energy plant.
- Representing a utilities company in defending a claim for alleged engineering defects in an electricity generator.
- A multi-party claim in restitution for alleged overcharging of electricity leading to resolution by mediation.
- Claim for alleged overcharging for the supply of electricity, comprising MOP, metering and BSC issues, leading to a favourable settlement for our client.
- Successfully defending a range of injunctive proceedings.
Our specialist energy and utilities knowledge and experience enables us to take a tailored approach to your debt recovery often where technical issues are involved, including Deemed Contracts, metering and billing disputes and regulatory issues such as supply licence requirements.
Insolvency and Enforcement
We have significant experience in advising clients in the energy and utilities sector on issues surrounding the financial failure of those within the supply chain. We regularly advise our clients on:
- Drafting contractual terms and conditions pre-emptively to minimise risk and exposure.
- Cost effective and practical strategies to maximise recoveries by applying relevant insolvency legislation specific to energy and utilities companies.
- Effectively advising upon the merits of applications for contested warrants and representing clients in the Magistrates Court.
Health and Safety Regulation
Advising and representing clients at interview before the HSE where death or serious injury has occurred. We have also acted for clients in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts.
For specialist advice on energy disputes, insolvency or debt recovery and how our lawyers can help, please contact Ed Husband on 0117 314 5233.